Monday, September 06, 2004

How To Write to a Policy Wonk

Want to send a get-well card to Bill Clinton? Well, there's a website for it. You can even view other people's...

One hates to fisk get-well cards, but here goes:
____________


Mon 9/6/2004 11:28 AM

Dear President Clinton,

You are strong in spirit and in character. I have no doubt that you will pull through your heart surgery without a care.
You are surrounded by cherished family, friends and a nation that adores you and prays for your full and complete recovery.
May God bless you, your family, and your medical team. You'll be jogging 5 miles a day in no time.

With Warmest Regards,
Toni Maryanna Rossi

------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 miles a day in "no time?" The man weighs 240 lbs.! He's almost 60 years old? What, do you want to kill him? Must be a Republican.
____________



Mon 9/6/2004 11:28 AM

Honorable President Clinton:

Three years ago I went through quadruple bypass surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach. I have Medicare because I am disabled with AIDS. My secondary insurance premiums are paid by the AIDS Insurance Continuation Program. Because of that I've had access to the best possible care. I'm concerned about the baby boomers who will start retiring soon and the people with AIDS who will be needing services in the future.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Be well.

M. Hernández
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this Al Gore's pseudonym, or Hillary Clinton's? Who the hell writes a get-well card and talks about "secondary insurance premiums?" That's it, soothe the fallen statesman with talk of "lock-boxes" and "deductible gaps"! Give me a break.

Check it all out here:

Link