Saturday, August 04, 2007

Campaign Trail '08

To paraphrase one of the great political wits of our time, canvassing in New Hampshire is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get. You might get invited inside someone's home and meet your political soulmate; you might lose your precinct map, get lost, and then happen upon a mind-blowingly delicious barbecue joint when you're just trying to find a place to get directions; or you might get attacked by someone's dog.

Today I was bitten by a dog in Claremont canvassing for Barack Obama. I proceeded to kick the dog. It barked at me and I vacated the premises.

Needless to say, I don't think the Harris family of Claremont will be voting for Barack. If I ever get appointed as dog-catcher in the Obama administration, we'll see who gets the last laugh...