Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Word on Hypocrisy and Partisanship...

Rosner finally gets to do the hit piece on Obama that he's been itching to do for the last year. Maybe now he can move on to a different subject?

What I love about partisans (and make no mistake, Rosner is a partisan) is their marvelously self-righteous blindness -- while others of us tend toward self-doubt. Look at this passage:

The irony here is quite entertaining. I've been hearing numerous Obama supporters warning from the tendency of Israelis to meddle in American politics. They were furious when anonymous sources in the Israeli government expressed "concern" regarding an Obama administration. They were outraged when former Israeli ambassador to Washington Danny Ayalon expressed "doubt" regarding Obama's positions and honesty when it comes to views regarding Israel.... I don't hear these voices of protest now.

I would have written that the people defending Ayalon's comments (such as, er, Rosner) are now hypocritically criticizing Obama. But then I guess I'm partisan, too.