Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not So Super-Delegates

Of course I am against any kind of super-delegate shenanigans and agree with the sentiment of this piece. The Hunt Commission did its crude handiwork in the year I was born - not to mention that most states have changed their primary dates, the process has become ever more front-loaded, there's this phenomenon known (to W) as the Internets... and certainly not to mention repeated losses to the Republicans due to the stupidity of "Party elders"... Isn't it about time for a new commission?

But this claim had me furrowing my brow:"And yes, while it's true that some independents and Republicans may have voted in a few of those races, it's also true that these people are now likely to vote for a Democrat in November." Huh? I wish this were true, but Democrats would be naive to believe it.