Thursday, September 22, 2005

Will Sullivan Correct? I'll Keep You Posted...

I don't know why these two Sullivan posts are yoked, but I'll comment on both anyway. Human rights groups are already outraged at the violence and injustice of the Iranian regime. Governments, at least right-minded people in government, are already outraged. Don't expect --don't even ask -- for ESPECIAL outrage at the persecution of gays.

It's the same with terrorism and 9/11. IF YOU'RE NOT ALREADY OFFENDED, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION.

And what's this crap?

Armando is wrong; and he needs to correct the item. In fact, this is a good test of leftist blog credibility. Will he correct? I'll keep you posted.

My letter to Andrew:

In your post on Armando's post about Larry Summers, you write that "Armando is wrong; and he needs to correct the item. In fact, this is a good test of leftist blog credibility. Will he correct? I'll keep you posted."

Leave aside the question of whether this serves a higher purpose than shaming someone for using imprecise language. ("Crusade" is the word that comes to mind.) The important question is why you would think this is a good "test" of leftist blog credibility. I have a "leftist" blog -- and what Armando says has nothing to do with the credibility of my blog. Is what Glenn Reynolds writes a test of YOUR credibility? Should we start holding YOU accountable for Dan Drezner's posts? This is nonsense.

Will Andrew correct? I'll keep you posted.


UPDATE: Sullivan's reply: "kos is by far the biggest leftist blog - indeed the biggest blog on the planet." Non-sequitur?