Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lieberman: I "Assume" I'll Run in 2012

I don't see it happening - Joe's pissed off too many people in Connecticut, and he knows it. And if he thought the merciless harassment he experienced on the campaign trail (Connecticut bloggers are a great bunch of people - I really mean that - but let's face it, they can be assholes) was bad in 2006, just wait till 2012. It makes me cry just thinking about it, and I don't even like Lieberman. If I were Joe, I'd spare myself and my family the aggravation and apply to be Alan Colmes's replacement on Hannity & Colmes.

As an aside, I'm not sure why Mark Davis (a generally excellent political reporter) asks Lieberman about running on the "Connecticut For Lieberman" party line, as the CFL party has been hijacked (in perfectly legal fashion) by anti-Lieberman activists. Joe is no dummy, and if he intended to run again as an independent, I think he would not have allowed this to happen quite so easily.
Link